In CBRE’s Second Half 2017 Cap Rate Survey, key U.S. takeaways include:
- Commercial real estate pricing was broadly unchanged, with the exception of some retail segments.
- Industrial cap rates fell by 13 basis points to 6.52%.
- Multifamily infill cap rates fell to 5.23% on average from 5.27%. Stabilized suburban assets also declined to 5.59% from 5.66%.
- Office and hotel sector cap rates were generally stable.
- Retail cap rates increased, with power centers moving to 7.98% from 7.54%. Neighborhood and high-street retail cap rates increased slightly by 7 and 9 bps, respectively.